Grade 8 Trip to Washington DC
The 8th Grade Trip to Washington, D.C. was established in 1995. Since then, almost 1000 students have had the opportunity to travel with their class to experience what our nation's capital has to offer. It is an chance to learn first-hand about the history of our nation while visiting places previously only seen in textbooks or online, and having fun at the same time.
- the U.S. Capitol,
- Smithsonian Museums of American History and Natural History and Air and Space,
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum,
- the Washington Monument, the Jefferson Memorial,, the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial,
- the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, the Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial, Mount Vernon, Iwo Jima Marine Corp Memorial, Ford's Theater,
- a subway ride, an evening dinner/dance cruise on the Potomac River,
- and perhaps a major league baseball game or an evening ghost tour in Old Town Alexandria.